iHikeGPS for Your Apple Mobile Devices*
Whether it's hiking, walking, snowshoeing, skiing, geocaching, fishing, biking or some other adventure — you'll always know where you've been, where you are, and where you're going.
- View your current location & direction, a track of where you've been, waypoints of important places, and routes to guide you.
- Show an elevation Graph for tracks and routes. View time and speed. Includes waypoints to pinpoint key locations.
- Trip Timer and Odometer on the Map Screen.
- Import & export GPX waypoints, routes & tracks.
- Send a KML file directly for display in Google Earth.
- Stitch together maps for seamless coverage across map boundaries.
- Print maps (overlaid with waypoints, routes and tracks) and elevation graphs.
- Quickly measure distance and direction to any point on a map.
- Set a Go To waypoint or a route and see Distance, Bearing, Course, Compass Heading, and Estimated Time of Arrival.
- Stop track recording automatically when you drive away from the trailhead.
- Search Place Names using the USGS and Natural Resources Canada Geographic Names databases.
- Share location data and map & graph images using Mail, Messages, Notes, Photos, iCloud Drive, AirDrop, Import With, Twitter, Facebook, iTunes and the clipboard.
- Share location data with a Mac using .
What's new in Version 7.1
- 2678 additional downloadable maps:
USGS 100K, USGS 250K and SE Canada 250K overview maps.
US Forest Service 50K maps for Alaska.
- Get driving directions to the route trail head with a single tap.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone & iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US & other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
No charges for Maps…ever
- USA topo maps:
Classic USGS 24K maps for all 50 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
USGS 250K and 100K (63K for Alaska) maps for all 50 states.
US Forest Service maps from 2015 or later.
- Canada (south of 54° latitude) topo maps: Natural Resources Canada 50K maps
for Alberta and British Columbia.
NRC 50K and 250K maps for New Brunswick,
Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
- Access: Download the forever-free maps directly to your mobile device when you have Internet service. Use these maps in the wilderness anytime, even with no cell signal.
- Reliable: Raster maps from our own server are optimized for shortest download time, least memory used, superb resolution, and guaranteed accurate georeferencing.
- Free Maps: No sign-up to collect your personal information. No in-app purchases.
No subscriptions. No ads.