iHikeGPS for Your Apple Mobile Devices*
Know where you're going, where you are, and where you've been.
What's new in Version 4.6
- One button waypoint creation for your current location.
- More Maps for Canada. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island added. Alberta and British Columbia coverage extended north to 54° latitude.
- View your current location, a track of where you've been,
waypoints of important places, and routes to guide you.
- Record tracks even while your device is asleep or using another app.
- AirDrop sharing of maps, waypoints, routes and tracks, even in the wilderness even with no Internet connection.
- Post locations and topo map images to Twitter, Facebook, Messages and email.
- Import & export GPX waypoint, route & track files.
- Stitch Together Maps for Seamless Coverage across Map Boundaries.
- Elevation Graph for tracks and routes. View time & speed.
- Print maps (overlaid with waypoints, routes and tracks) and elevation graphs.
- Quickly measure distance and direction to any point on a map.
- Set a Go To waypoint or a route and see Distance, Bearing, Course, Compass Heading, and Estimated Time of Arrival.
- Stop track recording automatically when you drive away from the trailhead.
- Search Place Names using the USGS and Natural Resources Canada Geographic Names databases.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone & iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US & other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
No charges for Maps…ever
- Current USA Coverage: Classic USGS 24K topo maps for all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands & Guam. 63K maps for Alaska.
Recently updated US Forest Service Maps! Most updated in 2011-2013. None older than 2009.
- Current Canada Coverage: Natural Resources Canada 50K topo maps for New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Alberta & British Columbia south of 54° latitude.
- Access: Download the forever-free maps directly to your mobile device when you have internet service. Use these maps in the wilderness anytime, even with no cell signal.
- Reliable: Raster maps from our own server are optimized for shortest download time, least memory used, superb resolution, and guaranteed accurate georeferencing.