iHikeGPS NZ App, version 7.1 released.
- Download up to 750 maps.
- Get driving directions to the route trail head with a single tap.
- Removed map display glitch when zoomed out on the iPad Pro.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 7.0.2 released.
- Updated for iOS 10.2.
- Removed map display glitch when zoomed out on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 7.0.1 released.
- Improved Visual Appearance and Usability.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 7.0 released.
- Search New Zealand and Australia Place Name databases to add waypoints.
- New tap-saving shortcuts.
- Print the Owner’s Manual from inside the app (iOS 9 or later).
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.3.6 released.
- Last Version to Support iOS 5 and iOS 6
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.3.2 released.
- Improved Help Screen Navigation
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.3 released.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.2 released.
- 250,000:1 scale topo maps for Australia.
- Long Tap on "Go To" instantly starts navigation on the map screen.
- Improved Map Stitching
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.1 released.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 6.0 released.
- 250,000:1 scale Land Information New Zealand topo maps.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 5.2.2 released.
- Send a KML file for any location directly for display in Google Earth.
- Fixes a problem with the Save Track as a Route action on the Track Screen.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 5.2 released.
- Search Waypoints and Routes.
- Trip Timer and Odometer on the Map Screen.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 5.1 released.
- Download all of the North Island maps, or all of the South Island maps, with a single operation.
- Show waypoints along the path on the elevation graphs.
- A Direction Indicator extends from the current location marker.
- Send a KML file directly for display in Google Earth.
- Updated for iOS 8.3.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 5.0.3 released.
- User Interface Improvements on the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPad.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 5.0 released.
- Updated for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.6 released.
- One button waypoint creation for your current location.
- LINZ map numbers shown on the Maps List Screen.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.5 released.
- Print maps overlaid with waypoints, routes and tracks.
- AirDrop map images to your friends. even in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
- Print elevation graphs of your hike.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.4 released.
- Post locations and topo map images to Twitter, Facebook, Messages and email.
- AirDrop sharing of waypoints, routes and tracks, even in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
- Share GPX files using iMessage and “Open In” another app.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.3 released.
- View the Elevation Profile for routes made from recorded tracks.
- Updated for iOS 7.1
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.2 released.
- Beautiful New iOS 7 Interface.
- Stop track recording automatically when you drive away from the trailhead.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.1 released.
- Select a Waypoint to Go To or Edit while on the main map screen.
- Includes the Date and Time in the Note of a Waypoint Marked at your current location.
- Record a track log that is twice as long.
- Place Name search uses the Land Information New Zealand database.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 4.0 released.
- Stitch Together Maps for Seamless Coverage across Map Boundaries.
- View Date, Time, and Average Speed on the Elevation Graph.
- Show the Estimated Time of Arrival at all Waypoints on a Route.
- Refine the Position of a Waypoint when you Arrive.
- Choose Individual Track Segments to View on the Elevation Graph.
- Read with Ease from a Distance with Larger Font Sizes on your iPad.
- Download the Maps you need from wherever you are in the App.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 3.5 released.
- Updated for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 3.4 released.
- Route page shows the bearing between route waypoints.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 3.3 released.
- Create a new waypoint by tapping a Geotagged photo.
- Support for the Retina display featured on the new iPad.
- Store maps for the entire country in the iOS device's memory.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 3.2 released.
- Display and enter locations using the New Zealand TM2000 Grid.
- Quickly measure distance and direction to any point on a map.
iHikeGPS NZ App, version 3.1 released.
- View Land Information New Zealand 50K topo map quads even with no cell network connection.
- View track log superimposed on the map, and in elevation profile.
- Automatic map switching as you travel, or lock in a chosen map.
- Set a Go To waypoint to see distance, direction and estimated time of arrival.
- Email your waypoints, tracks and routes to friends.
- Create, Edit, Navigate and Share Routes with Waypoints, and Routes with a Path.
- GPX Import and Export of Waypoints, Routes and Tracks.
- Direction shown in Degrees True or Degrees Magnetic.
- View the map border lines to check what you've downloaded.
- Show or Hide your Waypoint Notes on the map.
- Displays Compass Heading.
- Switches to rapid updating as you get close to a Go To waypoint. Perfect as you zero-in on a geocache.
- Background Recording of Tracks.
- Switch On and Off Track Recording.
- Switch On and Off Auto-Lock.
- Location Entry and Display in Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, or UTM.
- Universal App for iPad with 3G and iPhone.
- Quick-start Guide for 1st time users.
- Switch between the Distance/Bearing/ETA display and the current Lat/long/altitude display when using a Go To waypoint.